What to Explore in Southwest?
The unique red rocky landscapes, scenic natural beauty, diverse cultures, a multitude of tourist attractions and three of the world’s famous natural wonders- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Arches National Park, and Grand Canyon make the American Southwest, the most visited destination. Every year, this majestic region attracts millions of tourists from around the globe.
When you are on vacation to the Southwest U.S., you must visit these popular attractions that include- Garden of the Gods, Colorado; Taos Pueblo, New Mexico; Havasu Canyon, Arizona; Lake Powell, Utah and Arizona; Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado; Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada; White Sands National Monument, New Mexico; Canyon de Chelly, Arizona; and Zion National Park, Utah.
Why Travelers Prefer FareMojo?
Looking for cost-effective fares or exclusive deals on Southwest flights? FareMojo is the ultimate destination for booking cheap flight tickets online. Having partnered with more than 400 airlines from across the globe, FareMojo offers several options in flights to ensure you get an unmatched travel experience. Get access to some of the unique and special discounts available only on FareMojo and save massively on your favorite domestic and international destinations.
To know about the latest and unpublished deals on Southwest flight tickets, get in touch with our customer support and get a chance to save on your air tickets.
Benefits of booking Southwest cheap flights with FareMojo:
- Global travel platform hundreds of flight options to choose from
- Guaranteed best deals and competitive airfares on domestic and international flights
- User-friendly interface for a quick, seamless, and hassle-free and seamless booking experience
- Safe and Secure online bookings and transactions
24x7 customer support
Popular Events Hosted in Southwest Year Round
Some of the best events hosted in the American Southwest region include:
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
- Art Santa Fe
- Sundance Film Festival
- New Belgium Brewing Fruita Fat Tire Festival
- Austin City Limits Music Festival
- Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon
- Prescott Frontier Days
- Utah Shakespeare Festival
- Electric Daisy Carnival
- First Friday
- Great American Duck Race
- Santa Fe Indian Market
Essential Tips for First-Timers Traveling to Southwest
As a first-time visitor to Southwest, you must know the following things beforehand:
- Before planning your Southwest vacation, stay abreast of the popular events and most importantly the climate. Because every state has a different visiting season.
- You must try out the authentic and iconic dishes of the Southwest such as Oklahoma’s Chicken Fried Steak, Nevada’s All-You-Can-Eat Buffet, Texas’s Tex-Mex, Utah’s Smothered Burritos, Mexico’s Green Chile, California’s Fish Tacos, and Colorado’s Chile Verde.
- If traveling with kids and want to go hiking, you would need a front baby carrier. You can purchase or get it on rental basis throughout the region.
- Make sure to pack these essentials with your- water bottles, sunglasses, sunscreen, walking shoes, binoculars, portable phone charger, camera, quick dry clothes, basic medicines, and ski cap and a wide-brimmed hat.
Tips on Buying Air Tickets to Southwest
Searching for the perfect and cheaper air tickets can be a task, but here are some tips that may help you find the best one:
- Book in advance to avail cheaper flights to Southwest destinations
- Be flexible with travel dates to find the best deals
- Book a connecting flight to save money
- Avoid traveling in peak season to save money and avoid tourist crowd
- Set price alerts to stay updated with current offers and airfares
There are three main airports in the American Southwest- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, and Tucson International Airport.